University Doctoral Studentships are available to both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students who will be studying full-time. They can be held in any School of the University.
A Doctoral Studentship provides:
- an annual bursary (£15,500 in 2012/13 and expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years);
- a full tuition fee waiver;
- a one-off allowance of £1,000 which may be used across the three-year period of the studentship to support research needs such as specialist training, equipment or conference attendance.
As mentioned above in the ‘Eligibility’ section, we strongly advise you to discuss your proposal with the relevant School, Department or Centre in order to establish whether you can be supported.
- Cass Business School
- School of Arts: Cultural Policy & Management, Journalism, Music
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Informatics
- School of Social Sciences
- The City Law School
- Arts, Health Sciences, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Informatics, Social Sciences and Law: make an application for a research degree at City University London in the normal way. In the ‘Finance’ section of the application form, indicate that you wish to be considered for a University Doctoral Studentship.
- Cass Business School: read the instructions and complete the online application form.
The deadline for University Doctoral Studentship applications is Friday 9 March 2012.
Interdisciplinary Research Development Manager
City University London
T: +44 (0)20 7040 3805